January 7, 2022
At 6:13 PM Friday January 7, 2022 the Burlington Fire Department responded to 1729 Weimer St for smoke in the attic. Firefighters arrived 4 minutes later to find a single-story home with light to moderate smoke in the attic from some burning insulation.
The single-family home, owned and occupied by Craig Larson sustained an estimated $10,000 in damages to the structure and $2,500 in damages to contents. The home is insured. The 4 occupants were able to escape without injury.
The fire started in the attic due to an overloaded electrical circuit caused by 2 space heaters being plugged into a single outlet.
12 Burlington firefighters responded to the initial call and were assisted by four West Burlington firefighters on automatic aid. There were no injuries reported. Firefighters cleared the scene at 7:45 PM.