The 2021 City Wide Clean-Up Program (CWC) is set to begin Monday, April 19th. The program schedule is made according to trash route. Keep in mind the following reminders:
1. Place near but separate from wheeled garbage cart.
2. Set out by 7 a.m. of the set-out date for your route, but no earlier than one week in advance. CWC is intended for bulky items like furniture, NOT GARBAGE.
3. Regular household garbage is still subject to the TAG program. Crews will take things like clothing, toys, and other household items, but they must be in trash bags or small sturdy disposable containers. No cardboard boxes, because boxes are flimsy, especially when they get wet. Loose bits and pieces will not be picked up!
4. Carpet must be cut in 4’ strips, tightly rolled and tied limited to 5 rolls, 40 lbs each.
5. The quantity collected from one residence is limited to a footprint no more than 14’ long x 5’ wide. Crews will fill the truck’s hopper up to four times IF approved items AND PREPARED. DO NOT STACK -
6. “FREE” disposal at the Landfill was discontinued.
NOT APPROVED FOR CWC
· Regular household garbage
· Items too heavy for two people to safely handle (like a piano or pool table)
· Construction, demolition material or shingles.
· Landscape timbers, railroad ties and pallets
· Propane tanks for grills and helium tanks (free disposal at Area Recyclers)
· Auto-body parts (take to a salvage yard)
· TVs, computer monitors, appliances, tires, batteries
· Hazardous waste
· Yard waste, leaves, limbs, or branches
The schedule for the 2021 CWC is as follows:
Monday - April 19
Tuesday - April 27
Wednesday - May 5
Thursday - May 13
Friday - May 21