One (1) roll-out trash cart is provided to each residence eligible for the Solid Waste Services provided by the City of Burlington. The "TRASH" fee you pay on your water bill is based on the size of cart provided. You must use the City supplied cart in order for your trash to be collected. Carts may be seen at the Wastewater Plant. The Plant is located on the riverfront, east of South Street.
Monthly Fee and Cart Sizes effective July 1, 2023:
- 35 Gallon - $15.55 a month/$46.65 a quarter
- 65 Gallon - $18.80 a month/$56.40 a quarter
- 95 Gallon - $22.05 a month/$66.15 a quarter
- Extra 65 Gallon Cart - $9.30 more a month or $27.90 more a quarter
- Extra 95 Gallon Cart - $13.30 more a month or $39.90more a quarter
Note: The above fees already include $4.25/mo. for the recycling program.
There will be a $35.00 service charge to change cart sizes or to remove an extra cart. A new homeowner or renter may change cart size one time or have an extra cart removed within thirty days from establishing utilities in their name with no service charge.