The city currently enforces the following building and construction codes as outlined in the City Code:
- 2021 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2021 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
- 2021 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2021 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2021 International Fire Code (IFC)
- 2020 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2009 International Energy Code (IEC)
Certificates of Occupancy
Certificates of Occupancy are issued for all buildings and must be issued prior to the approval of any tax abatement application by the City Council. It is the responsibility of the contractor and / or homeowner to set up the final inspection to receive a Certificate of Occupancy. A Certificate of Occupancy will not be issued until a final inspection is scheduled and all work is verified to meet applicable code requirements. Please contact a Building Code Inspector for further questions.
The lists below reflect contractors who are located and work locally. This list is compiled through our online permitting software for contractors that have pulled permits for work in the past year.