Burlington Area Crime Stoppers
Do you have information about a crime or a fugitive?
Get a CASH REWARD of up to $1000!
You do NOT need to give your name!
- Have information on a crime that has occurred or is about to occur.
- Get the best possible description of the suspect(s), including a vehicle description if applicable.
- Call the crime stopper hotline at 75-DO-TEL (753-6835).
- Give crime stoppers the information you have. Crime stoppers want your information - not your name.
- A secret ID code number will be assigned to you.
- If an arrest is made as a result of the information you gave, you will be eligible for a CASH REWARD of up to $1,000.
- Call back with your secret ID code number to arrange for payment IN CASH at a mutually acceptable public place.
What is the Crime Stoppers program?
Crime Stoppers is a program that involves the public, the media, and the police in the fight against crime. Unsolved crimes will be selected periodically and advertised using the news media. Anonymous cash rewards are available to persons who furnish information leading to the arrest of offenders and/or the capture of fugitives.
The Greater Burlington Area chapter of Crime Stoppers was organized in 1993 and serves Burlington, West Burlington, and Des Moines County. Crime Stoppers continues to be a very valuable tool for law enforcement.
Who administers the Crime Stoppers program?
The Crime Stoppers Board of Directors is comprised of concerned citizens of the greater Burlington area who oversee the operation of the program, and are responsible for establishing policy, raising funds and for the controlling of the amount of reward payments.
The Crime Stoppers Board of Directors is always interested in persons who would like to be considered for board membership. You are welcome to call
75 DO-TEL (753-6835) or 752-6835 for more information. How is the Crime Stoppers program funded?
Crime Stoppers is a non-profit, private, legal entity. It is funded by the United Way and by private donations. Contributions are tax deductible. No tax dollars support any part of the crime stoppers program. All board officers and other directors are non-paid volunteers. Donations are used solely for payment of rewards.
Greater Burlington Area Crime Stoppers
201 Jefferson Street
Burlington, IA 52601